Sunday, November 18, 2007

grim reaper....

I've been clinging onto a sign of hope anything that would keep you alive!
Although I knew you were strong and would put up a fight to survive
I ran from the truth but the faster I ran the harder the grim reaper tried.
It was just a matter of time before you would say good-bye!

Death was knocking on my door and I couldn't run anymore
I knew it was time to face what I could no longer ignore
When I looked into your eyes and saw a man who wanted more
The thought of you leaving was more than what I could endure
but I knew it was just a matter of time before you set off to explore!

On the other side was a whole new world waiting for you with open arms
Knowing that, I reached out to God and begged him to keep you strong
But despite my prayers the grim reaper had you under it's charm.
and was determine to have you- whether it was right or wrong!

I finally realized there was nothing else I could do to keep the reaper away
Despite the constant struggles I allowed her to make you her prey
and instead quietly watched you fade away with each passing day
I knew then it was almost over so on your behalf I began to pray

I observed in silence as you struggled with defeat
Because deep down in your heart you knew the reaper could be beat
But the delight you envisioned had you weak
and you couldn't wait for another dose of your devilish treat!

One morning I woke up and saw the light.
It was a feeling I had I could no longer fight!
I knew it was time to let the reaper take a bite
and then it dawned on my that no matter what I would be alright!

So I unplugged the life support and listened to your heart.
and with each pass beat we drew more apart.
I encouraged you to take one final stand
and with one last breathe you said I know I can
So I reached out and extended my hand
and then God stepped in and said I don't think so man!

And just like that you were gone without a trace
only a shattered memory left in your place
and as the tears slid down my face
God stepped in and said be grateful you left him with grace!

Confused and bewildered I asked God why?
And he said my dear it was only a matter of time before his love died!
Couldn't you see he was slipping away before your eyes!
I said couldn't you at least give us one more try
God looked at me and asked me WHY?
and I said because without him, I don't think I could survive.

God then pulled out a mirror and made me take a look
He made me see all the things you took
You never loved me, you were broken hearted crook
Who had me convinced it was me that had him hooked.

Every step of the way you had me deceived
and with your recycled words you put me at ease
I was under your spell and everything you said I believed
but now it's the reaper's turn to deal with your greed!
Hopefully she too will realize that not everything is as perceived!

But luckily now you are buried six feet under among the dirt
there you lie with the others who have caused me hurt
I have God to thank for setting me free
and the reaper who lured you to flee!

I'm free at last... God al' mighty, I'm free at last!
It was an intervention on my behalf
So now I look forward vowing not to repeat my past
So I suggest you think twice before you cross my path
because when you come snooping around all you'll get is
A KISS MY ASS!

No comments: